We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it explains how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Your personal information will be handled by us in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the privacy and data protection laws in your country to the extent that they are applicable (collectively, the Privacy Laws).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The types of information that we collect about you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.fixingbhp.com (our Site). This includes information (such as your email address) provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and other information that you choose to provide us.
- We may also invite you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, without identifying your identity or profiling your activities.
Generally we will collect personal information about you directly from you (for example, when you sign up for our mailing list or send us an e-mail with information about yourself). Where permitted by the Privacy Laws, we may also collect personal information about you from our affiliates or through our agents and representatives, from publicly available sources of information, or in some cases, from third parties.
MANDATORY AND OPTIONAL INFORMATION – CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION
You must provide your information for registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or reporting a problem with our site. If you do not wish us to process your information for such purposes, it’s possible that we will not be able to provide certain services.
Providing your personal information in relation to surveys or to receive marketing material is optional and your information will only be collected subject to your consent. Not providing your information for these purposes will not have any negative consequences for you.
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for site security and administration but not for profiling purposes.
COUNTRIES WHERE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE STORED OR TRANSFERRED
The personal information that we collect from you will generally be held in the United States. However, from time to time we may transfer your personal information to, or authorize access to it by, affiliated companies, including entities outside the United States and in countries other than your own, in order that your personal information may be processed for the purposes set out below. The countries to which your personal information may be transferred will depend on the circumstances, but may include Australia, Hong Kong or the United Kingdom.
In these circumstances, we will ensure that any disclosure of personal information to recipients in countries other than your own is made in compliance with any applicable requirements of the Privacy Laws.
Some of the countries to which your personal information may be disclosed may have privacy and data protection laws that do not offer an equivalent level of protection to the privacy and data protection laws in your country. To the maximum extent permitted by the Privacy Laws, you consent to us sharing your personal information with overseas entities without requiring those overseas entities to handle your personal information in accordance with the privacy and data protection laws of your country (or an equivalent level of protection).
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Laws to try to prevent unauthorised access, by adopting all the minimum security measures necessary according to the kind of processing.
Your personal information will be kept for a period not exceeding that which is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected (or for which it can be lawfully used), after which it will be destroyed or rendered anonymous.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We store and process your personal information electronically or in hard copy form. We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, in relation to the registration to this site and any related services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To obtain advice from our professional advisors and counsellors, and to receive services from third party service providers that we use in conducting our business (which may include data storage providers, mailing houses, archival service providers and others). Where we disclose your personal information to these third parties we will do so under obligations of confidence we deem appropriate.
- Otherwise as permitted or required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information, for the same purposes (or otherwise as permitted or required by law), to any of our affiliated companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Elliott Advisors (HK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about users of the Site will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Elliott Advisors (HK) Limited, our customers or others.
- Otherwise as permitted or required by law.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information to send you marketing or promotional materials. We will inform you (before collecting your personal information) and, where required by applicable laws, obtain your consent, if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing or promotional materials we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further marketing or promotional materials.
You can also exercise your right to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you at any time. We will handle all such requests in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Laws (including, where applicable, the Privacy Laws of your country).
We take all privacy complaints seriously, and will manage such complaints in accordance with the requirements of applicable Privacy Laws. If you would like to submit a privacy complaint, please include as much detail as possible and we will use our best efforts to respond to you as soon as possible (and in any event within a reasonable period of receiving your complaint).